Ramblings on reading.
All about books, magazines, other blogs.
Writing about adventures in bookselling and the treasures to be found within the pages encountered.
I like words, and the photos or illustrations that often accompany them.


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cybersex....Adventures in Cyberspace?


The graphic images in many magazines fascinate me. I always try to do a bit of research on artists whose drawings capture my attention. Who are these artists, and did they go on to become famous?

I found this great artwork by Tim O'Brien in Playboy Magazine April 1992 (article by Walter Lowe, Jr.)

In this case, the image tells the story (sorry, but I cut off the portion where it shows a gloved hand with computer electrodes attached--don't want to ruin a fantastic condition magazine by cracking the binding).

My quick Google search for Tim O'Brien brought up this page of his works. I'd say he has indeed made a splash on the art scene.

Will I read the article? I doubt it....cybersex is not a subject I have much interest in, although  I may end up reading all about the sinister world of Charles Keating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!